Drywall contractors insurance is designed for professionals who install, repair, or remove drywall, wallboard, plasterboard, and sheetrock in both residential and commercial spaces. Drywall covers wood studs, electrical wiring, and plumbing that exist inside walls. At Sine Insurance Group, we specialize in providing comprehensive coverage for contractors including for those involved in drywall work.
Various Risks Call for Specialized Coverage
Drywall work involves a variety of risks for contractors requiring a robust insurance program. We can provide you with the following key coverages:
- Commercial General Liability
- Professional Liability/Errors & Omissions
- Commercial Umbrella Liability
- Property Insurance
- Contractors Equipment
- Installation Floater
- Business Interruption
- Commercial Automobile
- Crime & Employee Dishonesty
- Workers’ Compensation
The Importance of Workers’ Compensation
One of most important coverages drywall contractors can possess is workers’ compensation. Not only is drywall material heavy and difficult to maneuver into position, employees are often tasked with working on tall ladders, scaffolding, and small spaces while working. Drywall installers face a number or serious hazards, including but not limited to:
- Back injuries: Completing one area at a time and working in pairs may reduce risk.
- Arm and hand injuries: Using power-assisted or spring-loaded tools could minimize loss exposures.
- Trips and falls: Working at elevation is common among this line of work, which is why fall protection such as safety rails is imperative.
- Eye injuries and respiratory irritation: Dust is generated when drywall is cut, when joint compounds are mixed, or when joints are sanded. Safety glasses and respirators are recommended to reduce exposure to these hazards.
- Electrocution: Drywall installers face risk of electrocution due to interior wall wiring and electrical boxes they encounter during their work. Power tools should be properly grounded and in good working order, and electrical boxes should be properly shielded.
Talk to the specialists at Sine Insurance Group about our insurance program for drywallers as well as our ability to help you minimize losses while maximizing your coverage.