The spring season might be known for its blossoming wild flowers and warmer weather, but the season also brings bouts of heavy rains and the potential for hail and flooding. As the months of March through May are prime hail storm times, drivers are faced with even more significant risks on the road. Heed the following cautionary advice for spring driving safety and protect your vehicle with a customized Wright City Auto Insurance policy.
The threat of high winds, flooding, tornadoes, and hail are all common during these spring months. These risks present some dangers for drivers, including cracked windshields, turbulent driving conditions, and dents to your vehicle. According to Claims Journal, here are a few helpful reminders to protect yourself and your vehicle from the dangerous weather this spring.
- Keep your car garaged whenever possible. If you don’t have access to one, purchase a car cover or hail blanket to protect your vehicle outdoors. Be sure to secure the cover to your vehicle so it doesn’t blow away in heavy winds.
- If the sky appears to be a shade of green, this could indicate a coming storm. Take cover and get indoors as quickly as possible.
- If you’re driving when a hailstorm hits, park your vehicle next to a building that is facing the same direction as the storm is moving to help reduce damage.
- Think about alternative routes home if your traditional route is prone to flooding.
Once the storm passes, you’re in the clear, right? Not so fast. Here are some post-storm tips to keep you safe.
- Watch out for potholes, especially ones that are filled with water and snowmelt that make them more difficult to see.
- Proceed with caution on steep hills as there is likely a puddle at the bottom, potentially flooding the road.
- Be cautious of traveling under freeway overpasses and next to storm drains as they are prone to flash flooding.
- When driving at night, take extra precaution and drive slowly to prevent heading straight for a flooded road.
About Sine Insurance
At Sine Insurance Group, we are dedicated to providing you with custom tailored insurance policies to protect your assets. Our comprehensive packages have been expertly crafted to serve St. Louis and the surrounding areas for the past 25 years. For more information about our products, contact us today at (855) 700-0889.